Better health and wellness can be achieved with acupuncture, Chinese herbs, and alternative methodologies. People suffering from pain, allergies, anxiety, and other conditions can sometimes find relief in alternative medicines and practices. Not everything can be healed with a pill nor is physical interventions always necessary. If you are looking for a way to relieve discomfort or a way to better health, consider booking an appointment with Eva Lu. Eva Lu Acupuncture offers San Diego cupping therapy, acupuncture, and Chinese herbs.
What is Chinese Cupping?
Cupping is a practice where small glass cups or jars are placed on the skin and a vacuum is applied. The suction pulls the muscles into the cup producing a pleasant sensation. The vacuum can be generated with a small hand pump or heat. Once the cups are in place, they can be left there for approximately 10 minutes; more than one cup can be used at a time. In some cases, the cups are gently moved along the length of the body. This gliding motion along with the suction is similar to a reverse massage where the tissue is pulled away from the body in a gliding motion.
The suction loosens tight muscles, increases blood flow, and alleviates pressure. This, in turn, allows for an unobstructed flow of life energy called “qi”. Cupping is often applied along the meridians (the pathways in which life energy flows) and can invigorate veins and arteries. In traditional Chinese medicine, it is believed that many maladies are due to stagnation or blockage of life energy. Cupping is one way to improve blood flow and facilitate the flow of qi.
Cupping, along with Gua Sha (skin scraping) and Acupuncture has been used for facial rejuvenation for thousands of years in Asia and Europe. Cupping uses negative pressure to create suction on the skin to promote circulation. Facial cupping is a gentle and effective way to lift, tone and shape the face.
Using light, gliding motion facial cupping sculpts the face and neck muscles by reversing the effects of gravity. By improving blood circulation and with lymphatic drainage facial cupping has the ability to reduce puffiness and under eye bags. Say good-bye to double chin, sagging jowls and facial bloating!
Good for your body inside and out.
Improved blood circulation means increased flow of nutrients and oxygen which repair and renew the facial muscles and skin. At the same time, any existing puffiness or water retention in the face disappears as the lymphatic system is being drained of dead cells and metabolic wastes that build up.
How does facial cupping work?
* Oil is applied onto the skin first.
* Once the cup is suctioned to the skin, it glides smoothly along and lifts the skin to create space for increased blood flow and decompresses and relaxes the muscles bringing more more circulation of nutrients while detoxifying the face of stagnant wastes.
* Increases production of collagen and elastin to improve and prevent wrinkles.
* Re-trains the muscles to stay lifted and relaxed from years of making the same expressions and gravity.
Benefits and Results you can Expect
* Facial cupping relaxes tension from the muscles in your face, such as the muscles that are involved in TMJ and furrowing the brow and forehead.
* Used alone or after facial acupuncture, facial cupping can plump your lips, wrinkles, and improve your complexion for a youthful glow and fresh look.
* Perfect for looking your best for your next big event such as bridal showers, anniversaries, weddings, photo shoots, or for gracefully aging naturally in your every day health and wellness.
Results & Benefits You Can Expect from San Diego Cupping Therapy:
– Relaxes the facial muscles, softening expression lines
– Improves blood circulation for a glowing complexion
– Plumps wrinkles and facial lines such as nasolabial folds, Marionette lines, eleven lines, forehead wrinkles, smoker’s lines
– Lift Sagging Face (lifts the cheeks, eyelid, jowl)
– Sculpts the jawline
– Even tone and complexion as fresh nutrients are brought to the facial muscles and skin
– Creates smaller pores and clearer skin
– Moves stagnant fluid to drain puffiness and water retention from the face
– Increases lymphatic drainage around the face
– Increases collagen production and elastin and improves elasticity of the skin
– Softens and reduce scar tissue
– Reduces redness
– Relieves tension associated with headaches, migraines, and TMJ
– Relieves sinus issues
– Enhances absorption of face products you use
San Diego Cupping Therapy
Schedule The Holiday Treatment … Sculpt’n’Glow $150 for 90 minutes of bliss this December! Includes 60 minutes facial acupuncture and your choice of 30 minutes facial cupping or facial gua sha. Valued at $190, save $40 this holiday season!
GET THE RADIANT GLOW. BOOK IT!
For more information about Acupuncture, Gua Sha and Cupping, please contact us for a free consultation or to make an appointment or contact Eva by Email or telephone for more informationabout San Diego cupping therapy: (858) 433-5428.
30 Minutes: $65
Add On Facial Acupuncture: $125 (inquire about packages and specials)
Read about Facial Rejuvination.